Get our latest news and special sales
You may unsubscribe at any moment. For that purpose, please find our contact info in the legal notice.
Privacy and security
© 2023 - Muno
Terrarium with sarracenia in a jar
Glass jar forming a terrarium with pilea.
Some green in your interior with almost no maintenance; this is what we propose.
Our jar plants live by themselves in their own biosphere.
A cycle of air and water; that's all it takes for our plant to grow.
It would be necessary however that our jars are much larger in order to be completely autonomous and perennial.
When bought online we provide all the needed and you mount your own jar.
Fully mounted jars wouldn’t survive transport.
When bought in a shop or picked up at our office it is mounted.
A few care tips :
- Avoid large temperature differences. Ideally the plant develops perfectly at a temperature between 18 ° and 26 ° C (without a sudden change of temperature).
- Direct contact with the sun should be avoided. The perfect spot would be a few meters from a window while enjoying full light.
- Open the jar every few weeks for 12 to 24 hours.
- When opening the jar, moisten slightly if it seems too dry.
- When the walls of the jar are permanently covered with condensation it is too humid; Open the jar and air from 24 to 48 hours.
What to do if "weird things" happen:
- A leaf begins to brown or blacken: open the jar and cut the sick leaf with clean scissors;
You can now also check if the substrate is not too wet or dry. If it is too wet, leave the jar open as long as it dries. If it is too dry, moisten slightly.
- A small ball of (often) white foam appears on the plant. Open the jar; remove the mousse and leave the jar open for 24 to 48 hours.
- The jar has been shaken for one reason or another and earth or pieces of moss are stuck to the wall.
Open the jar and rub the inside of the glass with a tissue or paper towel; check the humidity of the substrate and close.
What to do if it's too late:
After a certain period (average of 6 to 10 months) your plant will become too large for its environment.
You can remove it and try keep it as houseplant. If it dies; open the jar only outside.
A (very strong) smell of rotten will emerge. Throw the interior and clean the jar. You can put it in the dishwasher.
The jar will always be useful for a lot of things.
© 2023 - Ecommerce software by PrestaShop™